The Cuevas del Drac (Dragon Caves) are one of the most emblematic spaces in Mallorca. They are located on the eastern coast of Mallorca, within the municipality of Manacor, more specifically in the town of Porto Cristo. These caves are a great tourist attraction; they have a horizontal length of around 1,200 meters and a depth of about 25 meters below ground level.
Inside the caves is an underground lake called Llac Martel, one of the largest underground lakes in the world. A paradise to behold.
If you want to visit the caves, you should know that each visit lasts an hour and covers a distance of about 1,200 m around the stalactites and stalagmites that fill the entire cave. In addition, inside you can see many different areas such as: los Baños de Diana, Monte Nevado or Lago Martel, among others. The visit also includes a concert. In front of the lake there is an auditorium where you can sit and listen to four pieces of classical music performed by a quartet of musicians. This concert is historic as it has been performed since 1935. But this is not the only activity they offer. Another option is to take a boat ride on the lake as a couple or as a family.
• From Palma: direct line 401 to Portocristo
• From Costa dels Pins: line 425 direct to the Cuevas
• From Cala Bona/Cala Millor/Sa Coma/ S'Illot lines: 424 and 425 direct to the Cuevas
• From Cala Rajada: line 424 direct to the Cuevas
• From Cala Anguila - Cala Mendia/Cala Romàntic/ Cales de Mallorca: direct line 427 to the Cuevas
• From Portocolom/Cala d'Or: line 428
• From Capdepera and Artà: line 411 and transfer to Cala Rajada on line 424
• From Cala Murada: line 416 and transfer in Cales de Mallorca on line 427
• From S'Arenal: line 504 and transfer in Palma on line 401
See the schedules and entries available at Drac Caves here.